Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Walzer, Thomas" <th...@integratix.net> on 2013/01/24 10:41:46 UTC

Bindy/FixedLength/encoding/optional fields

Hi all,

I see strange behaviour in camel-bindy:

1) When I unmarshal a fixed-length file I get errors when the file is encoded in e.g. UTF-8. It seems that characters that need multiple bytes to encode confuse the parser/scanner. There was a JIRA with regard to bindy-csv but nothing bindy-fixed.

2) The length parameter in the fixedlength-annotation is required (otherwise it is 0). Wouldn´t it be nice if this were computed. It would be great to have optional fixed-length fields (like in old host files). Or do I have to go the smooks-route?

Regards, Thomas.

Re: Bindy/FixedLength/encoding/optional fields

Posted by "Walzer, Thomas" <th...@integratix.net>.
BeanIO looks great, I´ll give it a try. So many libraries - so little time. Thank you Claus.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen