Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/05/28 09:25:22 UTC

suggestion for improving an error case in cactifywar task

Hi (Chris),

If you have a webapp with no web.xml, the error printed by the cactus
cactifywar task is not very user-friendly:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.WebXmlIo.parseWebXml(WebXml
Io.java:222)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.WarArchive.getWebXml(WarArc
hive.java:133)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.getOriginalWebXml(Cacti
fyWarTask.java:50
5)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.execute(CactifyWarTask.
java:234)

Of course I could improve it but it will take me some time so I'm
putting this request here in the hope someone (hint!) will beat me to
it... :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: suggestion for improving an error case in cactifywar task

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Way cool! Thanks Chris. You rock! :-)

-Vincent

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.