Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by sh...@raleigh.ibm.com on 1998/09/28 04:41:35 UTC

Re: os-windows/2929: Apche is no more working after upgrade to 1.3.1

Synopsis: Apche is no more working after upgrade to 1.3.1

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Sun Sep 27 19:41:34 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
You stated that the service control manager reports
errors?

Could you please post those as your problem can be
bettered solved that way.

Also 1.3.2 is out and a # of win32 changes went into it.
for 1.3.1 make sure if you problem is cgi's make sure
you have your cgi-bin dir in a dir with out spaces in it.
Synopsis-Changed-From: Apche is no more working after upgrade to 1.3.1
Synopsis-Changed-To: User needs to tell the errors being seen.
Synopsis-Changed-By: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com
Synopsis-Changed-When: Sun Sep 27 19:41:34 PDT 1998

Re: os-windows/2929: Apche is no more working after upgrade to 1.3.1

Posted by Daniel Clar <Da...@supelec.fr>.
I've discussed this problem with Ken Coar.

In fact, there is a problem when upgrading from one version to another
one because of the registry. If you deinstall the software first, you
have to save your configuration files.

So there is something to do when upgrading on an NT system and to
improve the mechanism.

Thanks,

Daniel Clar