Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Lindholm <gl...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/23 21:36:42 UTC

[OT] Looking for a util to set parameters on an object

I have an object and a Map of parameter/values and I'm looking for a utility that will match up the parameters with the setters on the object, call the setters and handle conversions for primitive types.

I know that OGNL is being used to do this on actions from the ParametersInterceptor.   I tried tracing this down in the debugger and it seems to be way more complicated then I need (i.e. uses a value stack and a context and support full OGNL expressions etc.)

Is this facility available in a (simple to use) standalone utility?

I could write it but why re-invent the wheel since I'm sure it exists already.

Thanks
Greg

---------------------------------

Re: [OT] Looking for a util to set parameters on an object

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Greg Lindholm on 23/04/08 20:36, wrote:
> I have an object and a Map of parameter/values and I'm looking for a utility that will match up the parameters with the setters on the object, call the setters and handle conversions for primitive types.
>
> I know that OGNL is being used to do this on actions from the ParametersInterceptor.   I tried tracing this down in the debugger and it seems to be way more complicated then I need (i.e. uses a value stack and a context and support full OGNL expressions etc.)
>
> Is this facility available in a (simple to use) standalone utility?
>
> I could write it but why re-invent the wheel since I'm sure it exists already.

org.apache.commons-beanutils

Re: [OT] Looking for a util to set parameters on an object

Posted by Volker Karlmeier <vo...@magiccode.eu>.