Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/05/12 09:51:05 UTC

new demo document-v11

Wow Steven, excellent ... love the new demo document for
document-v11 DTD.

An interesting thing happened in Forrest today. I was enthused
with getting the FAQ started and went to commit. Silly me
had not updated first. Anyway, after 'cvs update' my build failed.

I tracked it down to your mods to document2html.xsl wherein
there is a new match for "jump".  Of course the generated FAQ
document is full of jump elements. Something breaks there,
probably due to the "action" attribute. I realise that there is still
work required on the other stylesheets, e.g. faq2document.xsl

I was not sure which approach to take. Whether to hold back
on committing the FAQ stuff, or to simply comment out the match
for jump. I took the latter approach, assuming that it will not be
too long before we can fix it. I thought of just copying the matches
from the old document2html.xsl in Cocoon, but not sure what
your plans are.

I remember getting very confused by the jump element (and fork
and connect) when i started writing a big doc for Cocoon.
I wanted a little table-of-contents at the top to jump to relevant
sections below. So confused that i resorted to using simple
<link href="#anchor"> which worked OK.

--David