Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "D. Veniseleas" <ve...@uni-duesseldorf.de> on 2001/09/21 12:21:37 UTC

Wizard features in future struts?

Hi,

does anybody know smartmode from www.smartmode.com ?
It has O/R mapping, generates SQL commands, EJB and Java Beans, jsp-pages
out of a single xml-file.
Unfortunately it's not open-source. For a project, I don't know if we will
have to extend the code of such a product, and without the sources...
Are similar features being discussed to be implemented into struts?
Or will I have to use something like "torque" from Apache and make my own
toolset?? (I don't know, if I can... ;-)

Thanks,
Dimitris

Re: Wizard features in future struts?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
What's on the table now for Wizards is the Workflow proposal.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/proposal-workflow.html

No estimated time of arrival, though. The source is in the Commons
Sandbox CVS.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/