Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rich Pinder <rp...@usc.edu> on 2004/09/20 22:07:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Hiding contents of .py script files

I'm using Apache 1.3 with Python (Kinterbas) to access a Firebird database.

The .py script resides in a directory under the document root.  If you
enter the full url to the script file, the browser returns a textual
representation of the script  (complete with all my connection string
info & password into the database !)

What is a suggested way to disallow this ??  Can I add something to the
.conf file that renders all .py scripts 'non browserable' ??  I believe
there was (good?) reason that the script files are under the document root.

thanks for your help

rich