Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org> on 2004/08/24 17:57:25 UTC

client library and supported java version

Hi all,

with the server side we have decided once to stay with jdk1.3.

Currently we can't build the client library with jdk1.3. Problems are e.g.:

   org.apache.webdav.ui.WebdavSystemView
     uses some new methods at String and Boolean

   org.apache.webdav.lib.NotificationListener
     uses java.util.logging

What version do we want to support further?

Regards Stefan

Re: client library and supported java version

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Yes, we have decided to stay with jdk1.3 for now, for both client and
server.

Regarding WebdavSystemView: The author of this class submitted a newer
version a long time ago, I hadn't the time to pick up yet. Seems like
the time has come.

The java.util.logging classes useed in NotificationListener should be
easily replaceable by their commons-logging counterparts.

Regards,
Ingo