Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Cédric Chabanois <cc...@no-log.org> on 2004/09/01 21:55:33 UTC

having problem parsing svn status output

When username is too long, svn status -v output is difficult to parse :
"
svn status -v

?                                       nonManaged.dir
?                                       modified.txt
 M              1        1 cedric       .
A               0       ?   ?           added.txt
                3        3 cedric       committed.txt
D               4        4 cedric       deleted.txt
                2        2 cedric       managedDir
A               0       ?   ?           managedDir\added in managed dir.txt
                5        5 Cedric Chabanois longUserName.dir
                5        5 Cedric Chabanois longUserName.dir\longUserName.txt

"

A --xml option would help. Should I submit a patch ?

Cédric

Re: having problem parsing svn status output

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:04:51 +0100, Julian Foad
> <ju...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Cédric Chabanois wrote:
>>
>>>When username is too long, svn status -v output is difficult to parse :
>>
>>>A --xml option would help. Should I submit a patch ?
>>
>>Yes, please.  "svn status --xml" would be a nice feature.
>
> Could you file an enhancement request please?

I have filed one.  Issue #2069.

- Julian

Re: having problem parsing svn status output

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
<ju...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Cédric Chabanois wrote:
> > When username is too long, svn status -v output is difficult to parse :
> [...]
> > A --xml option would help. Should I submit a patch ?
>
> Yes, please.  "svn status --xml" would be a nice feature.

Could you file an enhancement request please?

bye,

Erik.

Re: having problem parsing svn status output

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.