Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Tim Quinn <jp...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/29 04:46:35 UTC

[ApacheDS] Installing on FreeBSD

Hello,

I am interested in installing ApacheDS on Freebsd and noticed that there is
no installer or instructions for the BSDs. I have started building from
source, but have gotten hung up after building the initial to what I must do
next...

Suggestions for getting ApacheDS on BSD?
- Hack up OSX installer?
- Take installed x86 OSX tree and move to a BSD box?
- Run Linux version with Linux runtime libraries installed on FreeBSD (I
already have these installed)?
... ?

Thanks,
-TQ

Re: [ApacheDS] Installing on FreeBSD

Posted by JsD <jp...@gmail.com>.
Sounds very interesting Chris.

FYI - After my thread to the FreeBSD group on ApacheDS started last night,
they have already gotten CommonsDaemon Port up on FreshPorts (
http://www.freshports.org/devel/jakarta-commons-daemon/)

Thanks for your interest in FreeBSD! My fellow BSD'rs would be very
appreciative to have ApacheDS formally ported over to the platform.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.

Posted by JsD <jp...@gmail.com>.