Posted to user@commons.apache.org by fo...@simpleeye.com on 2005/04/05 01:49:28 UTC

[JEXL] Syntax information

Hi,
  I've recently been using JEXL in an attempt to incorporate simple scripting and templating into a solution (without going the full blown Velocity route) and I'm having all kinds of difficulties figuring out what the syntax is for if, foreach and while statements. I've looked through the documentation for an example of a valid IF statement (or a WHILE statement) and I've simply been unable to locate one. The example documentation at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jexl/reference/index.html does not have anything useful to offer on that front: the example documentation is limited to operator assignments with no examples of if/while/foreach constructs.
  If anyone has more complete examples or can understand the JavaCC generated code well enough to explain it to me, I'd be perfectly willing to compile them into a more complete reference.
  Thanks,
  Femi.

Re: [JEXL] Syntax information

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
if, foreach and while are defined in the grammar, but not implemented in 1.0.

If you need that sort of expression language, something like Rhino
from Mozilla would be great.