Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Santosh Akhilesh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 09:16:20 UTC

About building kylin

Hi All ,
    I am building Kylin on Ubuntu which is installed on my laptop.

    I dont have sandbox environment.

    I have downloaded following from apache site
    1. apache-hive-1.0.0
    2. hadoop-2.6.0
    3. hbase-0.94.26

   I have downloaded the staging branch Kylin code and run the
./sandbox_deploy.sh

   The deploy scrip fails @ line 116
./sandbox_deploy.sh: line 116: hbase: command not found
ERROR exit from ./sandbox_deploy.sh : line 116 with exit code 127

    Can someone tell me what steps I need to do to make it work. Do I need
to start hbase , hive and hadoop before running the deploy script. If yes
is there any steps in which order to run and any special care need to be
taken.

Santosh Akhilesh
+91-0-9845482201

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Zhou, Qianhao" <qi...@ebay.com>.
Hi, Santosh
    The log seems that you cannot connect to zookeeper, which port is by
default 2181.
    Can you please check if hbase has been started correctly, and the
hbase-site.xml in your hbase classpath has correct configuration of
zookeeper for your VM.

Best Regard
Zhou QianHao

RE: About building kylin

Posted by Santoshakhilesh <sa...@huawei.com>.
I saw the following link about creating the cube.

https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/wiki/Kylin-Cube-Creation-Tutorial

In this there is already source table EDW exist , But in my environment there is no such table.
How can I create this table manually or I need to export from somewhere ?

Also , how do I insert tables , data in table when I start creating my own cubes and tables ?

Regards,
Santosh Akhilesh
Bangalore R&D
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

www.huawei.com
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

RE: About building kylin

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Zhou, Qianhao" <qi...@ebay.com>.
Hi, Santosh

RE: About building kylin

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Zhou, Qianhao" <qi...@ebay.com>.
Hi, Santosh

RE: About building kylin

Posted by Santoshakhilesh <sa...@huawei.com>.
Hi Zhou,
[...]

Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/opt/hive/apache-hive-0.14.0-bin/lib/hive-common-0.14.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/hadoop/hadoop-2.6.0/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/hive/apache-hive-0.14.0-bin/lib/hive-jdbc-0.14.0-standalone.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
Please visit http://<your_sandbox_ip>:7070/kylin to play with the cubes! (Useranme: ADMIN, Password: KYLIN)

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Zhou, Qianhao" <qi...@ebay.com>.
Hi Santosh

Re: About building kylin

Posted by Santosh Akhilesh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhou ,
> [...]

> >baseConfigPrinter.java:114)
> >    at
> >com.kylinolap.job.deployment.HbaseConfigPrinter.printConfigs(HbaseConfigPr
> >inter.java:45)
> >    at
> >com.kylinolap.job.deployment.HbaseConfigPrinter.main(HbaseConfigPrinter.ja
> >va:30)
> >    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >    at
> >sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
> >57)
> >    at
> >sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
> >pl.java:43)
> >    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> >    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
> >ERROR exit from ./sandbox_deploy.sh : line 116 with exit code 1

Santosh Akhilesh
+91-0-9845482201

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Zhou, Qianhao" <qi...@ebay.com>.
Hi Santosh

Fwd: About building kylin

Re: About building kylin

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Hi Santosh, the single node is okay: actually the HDP Sandbox is a
all-in-one box; You can also use Amabri to setup a cluster which just has
1 node. The point is, that will be much efficient that setup the
individual components (hdfs, zookeeper, hbase, hive, blabla…) manually.

Re: About building kylin

Posted by Santosh Akhilesh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shi ,
    Thanks  for quick response , Is it not possible to have it running it
on single node as I can run spark ?
     I have already downloaded hbase , hive and hadoop can I make a single
node cluster and try it ?
Regards,
Santosh Akhilesh

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Shi, Shaofeng <sh...@ebay.com> wrote:

> Hi Santosh,
>
> Kylin need be deployed in a hadoop cluster with hbase and hive be
> installed and configured. It is recommended to use Apache Ambari to setup
> (if you don¹t have) such a cluster, instead of install by hands; Or you
> can use HDP Sandbox (a VM image with all packages installed), which is
> discussed on
> https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/wiki/On-Hadoop-CLI-installation
>
> Another easy way, if you just want to take a trial, you can run Kylin with
> docker: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sequenceiq/kylin/
>
> On 2/12/15, 4:16 PM, "Santosh Akhilesh" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi All ,
> >    I am building Kylin on Ubuntu which is installed on my laptop.
> >
> >    I dont have sandbox environment.
> >
> >    I have downloaded following from apache site
> >    1. apache-hive-1.0.0
> >    2. hadoop-2.6.0
> >    3. hbase-0.94.26
> >
> >   I have downloaded the staging branch Kylin code and run the
> >./sandbox_deploy.sh
> >
> >   The deploy scrip fails @ line 116
> >./sandbox_deploy.sh: line 116: hbase: command not found
> >ERROR exit from ./sandbox_deploy.sh : line 116 with exit code 127
> >
> >    Can someone tell me what steps I need to do to make it work. Do I need
> >to start hbase , hive and hadoop before running the deploy script. If yes
> >is there any steps in which order to run and any special care need to be
> >taken.
> >

> >--
> >Regards,
> >Santosh Akhilesh