Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/07/03 06:47:18 UTC

[Lucy Wiki] Update of "LucyIncubatorProposal" by NathanKurz

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucy Wiki" for change notification.

The "LucyIncubatorProposal" page has been changed by NathanKurz.
http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/LucyIncubatorProposal?action=diff&rev1=35&rev2=36

  === Core Developers ===
   * Marvin Humphrey is the project founder of KinoSearch, and co-founded the existing Lucy sub-project.  He is presently employed by Eventful, Inc.
   * Peter Karman has contributed to several open source projects since 2001, including being a committer at http://swish-e.org/ (a search engine), http://code.google.com/p/rose/ (an ORM) and http://catalyst.perl.org/ (web framework).  He is employed by American Public Media.
-  * Nathan Kurz has participated in numerous open source projects and has been a KinoSearch committer since 2007.  He is currently Chief Flavor Engineer of Scream Sorbet, and writes software in his copious free time.
+  * Nathan Kurz is excited by the intersection of search and recommendations, and has been a KinoSearch committer since 2007.  As the owner of Scream Sorbet (http://screamsorbet.com), he divides his time between code and fruit.

  === Alignment ===
  One Apache value which is particularly cherished by the Lucy community is codebase transparency.  We have developed institutions which enable us to measure and maximize usability (see [http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/BrainLog]), and we feel strongly that the bindings for Lucy must present APIs and documentation which are idiomatic to the host language culture so that end users can consume our work as easily as possible.