Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jon Seymour <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/12 13:45:41 UTC

wsdl "exploder"

Has anyone ever come across a WSDL-exploder that converts a logical WSDL
entity that spans multiple files (via the WSDL and XML schema import
mechanisms) into a single entity that contains all the referenced entities
inline?

I need such a beast to help support a client whose ability to properly keep
track of schema locations in a multi-file entity is somewhat suspect.

jon seymour.

Re: wsdl "exploder"

Posted by Jon Seymour <jo...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Thanks for that. I tried a simplistic:

        WSDLFactory factory = WSDLFactory.newInstance();
        WSDLReader reader = factory.newWSDLReader();
        Definition def = reader.readWSDL("http://myserver/mywsdl.wsdl");
        WSDLWriter writer = factory.newWSDLWriter();
        writer.writeWSDL(def, System.out);

but the definition isn't exploded. On serialization, the output file only
contained the top-level file. Not the "explosion" which included all
referenced files. Presumably I could iterate over the imports and types to
create a merged definition that would do what I want, but I haven't tried to
do that yet.

Regards,

jon seymour.

Re: wsdl "exploder"

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
I think WSDL4J [1] will do what you want. Simply read in the WSDL and then
serialize it out. AFAIK, WSDL will serialize to a single file.

John Kaputin should know for sure whether WSDL4J will suit your purpose.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdl4j

Lawrence

From:
"Jon Seymour" <jo...@gmail.com>