Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> on 2004/06/04 12:31:34 UTC

Duplicate log4j jars

When I install Lenya I noticed that there are two log4j jars deployed to
the WEB-INF/lib/ directory
log4j-1.2.7.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar

Since lenya ships with log4j-1.2.8.jar and apparently 8 weeks ago this
file was modified in cvs (perhaps checked in) "log4j was removed from
upstream cocoon", does this mean my cocoon-2.1.4 needs to be updated ?

Doesn't cause a problem but seems redundant.

Re: Duplicate log4j jars

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Peter Shipley wrote:

> When I install Lenya I noticed that there are two log4j jars deployed
> to the WEB-INF/lib/ directory
> log4j-1.2.7.jar
> log4j-1.2.8.jar
>
> Since lenya ships with log4j-1.2.8.jar and apparently 8 weeks ago this
> file was modified in cvs (perhaps checked in) "log4j was removed from
> upstream cocoon", does this mean my cocoon-2.1.4 needs to be updated ?

I think this is because Cocoon-2.1.5 doesn't contain log4j anymore and
we included
it into Lenya separately.

Michi

> Doesn't cause a problem but seems redundant.

Michael Wechner