Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/12 22:08:15 UTC

Re: svn commit: r835406 - in /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/modules/fcgid: fcgid_pm_main.c fcgid_proc_unix.c fcgid_proc_win.c fcgid_proctbl.h mod_fcgid.c

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM,  <pq...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: pqf
> Date: Thu Nov 12 15:05:08 2009
> New Revision: 835406

> Log:
> Add fcgid extension to mod_status

Hi Ryan,

This looks extremely useful.  Hopefully I can look at it more over the
next few days.  At first glance I think the process heading needs more
information, such as the vhost or other attributes that distinguish
the table from other tables for the same executable file, since
otherwise it may be unexpected to see multiple tables for the same
program, each with its own set of processes.

For anyone that wants a quick look at the information, I've uploaded a
sample page to

http://people.apache.org/~trawick/mod_fcgid_status.html

Thanks!

BTW, I made some code formatting changes in r835540 to bring the new
mod_status code closer to httpd project style (guidelines are at
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html, examples for issues not
covered there are throughout httpd).

Posted by pqf <pq...@mailtech.cn>.
Hi, Jeff
   Thank you for the code style reference, I will follow this style next time :)
   Actually there are many space for extra info(like vhost), and we can just put this in the share memeory and output it through /server_status, but another issue is system security, I think we should not provide too much internal info to client(file full path, user id etc). So I now just output the info that "nobody" can get through "ps -ef". But if it's no harm, please feel free to add more info to the share memory.

Thanks