Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Aaron Lapikas <al...@icubed.com> on 2000/06/12 14:36:30 UTC

suexec/6177: Compilation problems of suexec

>Number:         6177
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       Compilation problems of suexec
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jun 12 05:40:02 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     alapikas@icubed.com
>Release:        2.0a4
>Environment:
Linux kernel release 2.3.99pre9, GCC compiler egcs-2.91.66.
Slackware v7.0 distribution.

uname output:
-------------------------------------
Linux aaron 2.3.99-pre9 #2 SMP Wed May 31 10:30:45 EDT 2000 i686 unknown
-------------------------------------

When compiling suexec, errors occurred.  Specifically:

1) the compiler was looking for the header file /usr/local/include/apr.h
and could not find it.  My solution was to link /usr/local/include/apr/apr.h
to /usr/local/include/apr.h.

2) the compiler has looking for the file stream stderr and it was an
undefined symbol.  My solution was to add the line '#include <stdio.h>'
to the file suexec.c

3) the compiler was returning errors involving errno.  My solution was to
add the line '#include <errno.h>' to suexec.c

I do not know whether these compilation errors are specific to my distribution,
or whether they are just code errors with the new beta version of apache.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install the Slackware v7.0 distribution of Linux and try to compile
suexec via the command 'make suexec' from the src/support directory.
>Fix:
See above.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]