Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Vijaya Narayana Reddy Bhoomi Reddy <vi...@whishworks.com> on 2015/03/25 10:50:44 UTC

Identifying new files in HDFS

Hi,

We have a requirement to process only new files in HDFS on a daily basis. I
am sure this is a general requirement in many ETL kind of processing
scenarios. Just wondering if there is a way to identify new files that are
added to a path in HDFS? For example, assume already some files were
present for sometime. Now I have added new files today. So wanted to
process only those new files. What is the best way to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay

--
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of
the intended recipient. If you receive this e-mail in error please delete