Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com> on 2011/07/08 10:36:45 UTC

Plugin development using Guice?

Re: Plugin development using Guice?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
It is currently possible but it's not guaranteed to run forever. If there is no unique feature which you can only do with guice, then I'd still suggest doing it the 'old' way.

There have been discussions about switching from JSR-330 to the more powerful JSR-299 spec for DI. So if you like to keep it save, then just use plexus. Also keep in mind that there are other libraries already which emulate the plexus container not via guice but via Spring. This actually pre-dates the guice work by far and is still in use...

LieGrue,
strub