Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/11/26 14:11:25 UTC

Language settings in MSIE

Anyone know how to set language prefs in Internet Explorer ?

I've been trying to find out but haven't had any luck. The online
docs for MSIE are a maze and graphics rich :-(  A couple of MSIE
users have tried to work it out but haven't managed to do so yet.

Pointers to this information might make a useful addition to
the documentation of Multiviews/Language negotiation.

rob

Re: Language settings in MSIE

Posted by Di...@jrc.it.
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Anyone know how to set language prefs in Internet Explorer ?

It is just in the options menu.

> I've been trying to find out but haven't had any luck. The online
> docs for MSIE are a maze and graphics rich :-(  A couple of MSIE
> users have tried to work it out but haven't managed to do so yet.

I've just been at the WInter conference, WWW-Internationalization,
talking about Apache en multi-charset/lang. This has resulted in
quuite some comment and documentations/examples.

> Pointers to this information might make a useful addition to
> the documentation of Multiviews/Language negotiation.

I could not argree more, I'll email you a draft privately and
when it is finished it can be put along with the server docs. However
Allis, MSIE and Netscape are slightly different in their needs,
and our negotiation modules does a few funny things. Give me some
time, and I'll get back on it.

I though all was nice and simple; but after WInter it aint anymore :-)

DW.