Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 23:37:52 UTC

Re: Getting started with Giraph

In Giraph, you do batch offline processing of existing graph data, in the
style of frameworks like Hadoop. There are benchmarks and special IO
formats that will generate their own data for use in Giraph runs, but
Giraph is about processing not generating graphs. You can run things like
the Page Rank Benchmark (described on the website) to get an idea how this
limited graph generation interacts with the benchmark code, or take a look
at the examples/ and io/ directories for some ideas of how to write client
code of your own.

More docs on the website will be forthcoming, sorry about the delay.

Posted by Srinivasan Rajivelu <sr...@gmail.com>.
Could you please explain me, what is the format of graph data that you
are referring. I downloaded some directed graph datasets which is in
the format of text file. Basically I would like to enter all this data
as a graph in Giraph and I would like to run algorithms like page
rank. Is it possible with Giraph.

Or can I load all the text data in to hadoop and can i take input from
hadoop and run page rank with giraph..

Could you please help me, how can I start with..

--
Cheers,
Srini