Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stamatis Karvounarakis <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 18:05:37 UTC

Upgrade to jetspeed2

Hello. I am a quite new jetspeed user and even newer regarding jetspeed 2. I
was assigned to "upgrade" a project built in jetspeed 1.4 to jetspeed2. It
include a number of portlets that obtain xml content from various jsp files
and transform it using various xsl files. I would really appreciate some
initiatives on the structure that my project has to have. For example in
jetspeed2 site there is a guide for a very simple portlet but it does not
involve jsp anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Stam

Re: Upgrade to jetspeed2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Stamatis Karvounarakis wrote:
> Hello. I am a quite new jetspeed user and even newer regarding jetspeed 2. I
> was assigned to "upgrade" a project built in jetspeed 1.4 to jetspeed2. It
> include a number of portlets that obtain xml content from various jsp files
> and transform it using various xsl files. I would really appreciate some
> initiatives on the structure that my project has to have. For example in
> jetspeed2 site there is a guide for a very simple portlet but it does not
> involve jsp anywhere.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Stam

There is no conversion from Jetspeed-1 to Jetspeed-2
I've provided a guide to help understand the differences

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j1-users.html

For your existing portlets, you have to simply convert them to the
portlet API. Good way to learn the API, its pretty straight forward

We do have JSP portlets of course
There are plenty of examples in the Jetspeed demo application such as
the Bookmark portlet, CSS, Customer Info, PickANumber...