Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/13 09:37:30 UTC

Time to migrate to the axis2 trunk

Hi devs,

Axis2 folks are in the process of releasing the axis2-1.4 probably on next
month and we can depend on axis2-1.4 release for the next version of Synapse
(probably 1.2) and hence I would like to move the synapse dependency on
axis2 from 1.3 to SNAPSHOT, so that we can figure out any issues with the
current axis2 trunk for synapse and get the axis2 folks to resolve them
before the 1.4 release.

Any comments or suggestions on the migration?

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Time to migrate to the axis2 trunk

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Ruwan
> Axis2 folks are in the process of releasing the axis2-1.4 probably on
> next month and we can depend on axis2-1.4 release for the next version
> of Synapse (probably 1.2) and hence I would like to move the synapse
> dependency on axis2 from 1.3 to SNAPSHOT, so that we can figure out
> any issues with the current axis2 trunk for synapse and get the axis2
> folks to resolve them before the 1.4 release.
>
> Any comments or suggestions on the migration?
+1, its the right time to do this :-)

asankha

Re: Time to migrate to the axis2 trunk

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs,

I have moved the synapse to axis2 trunk and most interestingly this time we
did not have to do any code changes to move to the axis2 trunk. I have
tested a few random scenarios and all of them seems to work just fine.

So far it was just a matter of changing the axis2 version and removing the
AxisService-patch that we have included for the axis2-1.3. I will do some
more tests over the weekend and make sure everything is OK. :)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
+1