Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@UGent.be> on 2006/04/05 22:38:34 UTC

dojo components

Hi,

What are the plans for implementing dojo components? Is anyone working
on them? If not, I would like to write some of them, like the splitpane,
floating pane, tooltip, ... Also the Mac OSX-style toolbar is very cool :)
Shouldn't be too hard I think, with de DojoInitializer in place?

Jurgen

Re: dojo components

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Jurgen Lust schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> What are the plans for implementing dojo components? Is anyone working
> on them? If not, I would like to write some of them, like the splitpane,
> floating pane, tooltip, ... Also the Mac OSX-style toolbar is very cool :)
> Shouldn't be too hard I think, with de DojoInitializer in place?

Hi Jürgen,

Gerald is working on the suggest controls, I am working on a pagelet
editor component, which will be checked in either the next weeks or
around the JAX (which is the 8th of May)

here is a small demo of it:
http://wuerg.kicks-ass.net:8080/spellchecker

(still has some moz and safari issues, therefore I did not push it into
the codebase yet)

and I am also working partially on the state change notifier which
utilizes Dojo, and as a new one on a timed notifier.

(which is handy if you want to notify users on a session timeout or
other time limited actions)
The timed notifier will be pushed into the codebase around the weekend I
guess.

If you want to give us a helping hand on the standard dojo components
feel free to do so, there is some stuff in there which is really
interesting in the dojo codebase

You can check our code to get a kickstart on how we bind the dojo
codebase to our codebase.
(Mainly we route everything dojo related through a central dojoutils
tools class to have a central focus point for later alterations of the
code if necessary, that already saved my life once ;-) )

The toolbar is one of my favs as well, unfortunately I havent had the
time to componentize it myself.

Re: dojo components

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jurgen,

Werner is currently working on a great spellchecker - editor -
component, completely based on dojo, which is near completion (not
checked in yet).

I played around with dojo in the actual InputSuggestAjax (comboBox
widget from dojo) and in TableSuggestAjax (not really a 1:1
implementation from a dojo comp).

What really sounds interesting to me, is this fascinating liveGrid
stuff. You scroll down a table, and during this movement rows are
dynamically loaded from server through ajax. But as i know, dojo
doesn`t currently has this feature as a widget right now; i hope it
will be served in the near future.

However; the next weeks i cannot spend much time on implementing
another one. If there is time, I let you know.

So, go ahead. would be great to have some more!

cheers,

Gerald

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: dojo components

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Jurgen Lust schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> What are the plans for implementing dojo components? Is anyone working
> on them? If not, I would like to write some of them, like the splitpane,
> floating pane, tooltip, ... Also the Mac OSX-style toolbar is very cool :)
> Shouldn't be too hard I think, with de DojoInitializer in place?
>
> Jurgen

Btw. Jürgen just about my long term plans regarding Dojo.

First of all I have to finish my components, then I will look
into loading performance improvement (I probably will switch to static
includes for several core classes, which are currently ajaxed in)

and then after the next tomahawk stable I will try to move the dojo core
into Tomahawk, which probably is better done after dojo 0.3 is out
(there probably will be some component breakage happening along the move
from 0.2.2 to 0.3, who knows)

Once dojo is in Tomahawk we finally can fix some outstanding issues with
our own components which dojo already has fixed for us (for instance the
 various positioning problems in the floating pane, which in my opinion
are only solvable in one clean way, mouse positioning with a floating
pane being positinioned absolute directly under the documents body
(position fixed does not work on ie6))