Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by alagarsamy venkadesan <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/08 23:22:38 UTC

problem with vm file

hi,
now iam using Velocity for my web application using
servlet.
in the servlet ,using getTemplate("xxxxx.vm") method,
i am passing one vm file and getting the Template
object.
there is no problem.
but the output page comes as blank one.there is no
error.
can you pl clarify it in detail.
where to place the xxxxx.vm filt.
any changes in the velocity properties file.
pl reply immdly.
thanks
regards
venkadesan

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: problem with vm file

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
alagarsamy venkadesan wrote:

> hi,
> now iam using Velocity for my web application using
> servlet.
> in the servlet ,using getTemplate("xxxxx.vm") method,
> i am passing one vm file and getting the Template
> object.
> there is no problem.
> but the output page comes as blank one.there is no
> error.
> can you pl clarify it in detail.
> where to place the xxxxx.vm filt.
> any changes in the velocity properties file.
> pl reply immdly.
> thanks
> regards
> venkadesan

0) Any messages in the log file?  It's called velocity.log

1) in the velocity.properties file you must set your template path

 template.loader.1.template.path = <template path goes here>

If you are using a recent version of velocity, the line above will be
sufficient in your properties file.

geir

> http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity