Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org> on 2019/11/28 14:12:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
improvements and fixes.

Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.

The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].

Many thanks to all who made this release possible.

On behalf of the Camel PMC,
Gregor Zurowski

[1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
[1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
[2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I can answer to the question 2 and 3, because I still don't know the
planning for Camel in Action 3

For question 2:

We'll release version 2.24.3 as end release for 2.24.x line, we'll then
release a 2.25.0, which will be the last line for Camel 2.x, off course
we're planning to maintain this line and release minors for a while, before
stopping completely releasing Camel 2.

For Amazon Corretto, we didn't test Camel 3 on that, but it's just another
Java distribution, so it should work, but I repeat, we didn't test it on
that particular distribution. You can give us a first feedback.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

ha scritto:

> Hi guys,
>

> I'm looking forward into working with the new version.
>
> Congratulations and respect for your hard work!
>

> But I do have some questions:
>
>   *   When will there be a "Camel in Action 3" book from Claus?
>   *   Since the migration is quite a task with all the changes, how long
> is there support for Version 2.x regarding security topics and so on?
>   *   We planned to switch to Amazon Corretto. Is this also possible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> best regards
> Daniel
>

> ________________________________

AW: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Posted by Da...@dz-privatbank.com.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
It's in the migration guide by the way

https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html#_spring_boot_starters_maven_coordinate_change

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

ha scritto:

> The groupId of the starters has been changed
> from org.apache.camel to org.apache.camel.springboot
>
> https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.apache.camel.springboot
>
> Il giorno lun 2 dic 2019 alle ore 15:23 <Th...@telekom.de> ha
> scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> But camel-spring-boot-starter is still 3.0.0-RC3 ?

Posted by Th...@telekom.de.
Ahhhh. Thanks. Didn't expect this from 3.0.0-RC3 to 3.0.0

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yay awesome to see its finally out and we made it possible within 1 year of
work

I will work on a blog post with summary of the noteworthy new features and
changes

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 15.13, Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>
wrote:

> It's finally here - after four release candidates and three milestone
> releases, the Camel community announces the immediate availability of
> Camel 3.0.0, a new major release with over 1000 new features,
> improvements and fixes.
>
> Please read our migration guide [1] that describes how to upgrade
> Camel 2.x applications to Camel 3.0.
>
> The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [2] either
> from the Apache mirrors or from the Central Maven repository. For more
> details please take a look at the release notes [3, 4].
>
> Many thanks to all who made this release possible.
>
> On behalf of the Camel PMC,
> Gregor Zurowski
>
> [1] https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/camel-3-migration-guide.html
> [1] http://camel.apache.org/download.html
> [2] https://camel.apache.org/blog/release-3-0-0.html
> [3]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Camel 3.0.0 Released

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Why asking this on the announcement thread? Can't you start a different
thread?

Re: Configuring Jackson for java.time

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
Just an update that I did eventually get it.  Sweet blessed relief...

Thanks to Zoran for a pointer which led to the missing crucial piece.

---

As it turns out, it's not enough to simply add the desired time modules to Jackson's ObjectMapper.  You also *have* to add the ObjectMapper to any JacksonDataFormat you create as it has none on it by default.

For anyone interested, this is all you have to do to get Jackson to deserialize the new java.time.* types:

1. Add the Jackson BOM to <dependencyManagement>

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson</groupId>
  <artifactId>jackson-bom</artifactId>
  <version>2.10.0</version>
  <type>pom</type>
  <scope>import</scope>
</dependency>

2. get the Jackon ObjectMapper and set it on a JacksonDataFormat:

@Autowired
private ObjectMapper objectMapper;

JacksonDataFormat myPojoJson = new JacksonDataFormat(MyPojo.class);
myPojoJson.setObjectMapper(objectMapper);

or, even easier, skip the Autowired and

3. have Jackson auto-discover the ObjectMapper:

myPojoJson.setAutoDiscovery(true);

Note: you don't have to register any modules on the ObjectMapper as the needed ones are already registered.

Also, FWIW, setting the following didn't seem to be necessary:

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Ron,

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
Christmas has come early!

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.
This is the kind of things we see only once in a decade ;)

Thanks all for making this possible,
Alex

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.
Very good news!