Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Féliciano Matias <fe...@free.fr> on 2002/07/10 04:09:26 UTC

problem with "svn switch"

First, excuse my very poor english.

I try to play with subversion :
subverion-0.13.2 (r 2376)
db4-4.0.14
neon-0.21.2
libapr 2002.06.25
apache 2.0.40-dev (?)

"make check" in source tree of subversion is ok.

I do the following sequence on a fresh created repository :

[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn mkdir
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/trunk -m "add trunk"

Committed revision 1.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn mkdir
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/branch -m "add branch"

Committed revision 2.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn mkdir
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/branch/dev1 -m "add dev1"

Committed revision 3.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn co
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/trunk -d .
Checked out revision 3.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ touch foo
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn add foo
A         foo
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn commit -m "add foo"
Adding         foo
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 4.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn rm foo
D  foo
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn status foo
D      foo
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn switch .
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/branch/dev1
At revision 4.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn status foo
D      foo
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn commit -m "do not remove foo."
Deleting       foo

Committed revision 5.
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn switch .
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/trunk

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>
  REPORT request failed on /svn/repos/test_svn/branch/dev1

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>

file not found: transaction `7', path `/branch/dev1/foo'

[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn update

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>
  REPORT request failed on /svn/repos/test_svn/branch/dev1

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>

file not found: transaction `8', path `/branch/dev1/foo'

[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn commit
[f.matias@one test_svn]$ svn switch .
http://localhost/svn/repos/test_svn/trunk

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>
  REPORT request failed on /svn/repos/test_svn/branch/dev1

svn_error: #21067 : <Filesystem has no item>

file not found: transaction `9', path `/branch/dev1/foo'

I have the same behavior with a local repository.

One word about your web site http://subversion.tigris.org/. Can you
indicate what version is functionnal?
I follow the installation procedure
(http://subversion.tigris.org/project_source.html) "For real work: you
need to "bootstrap" Subversion. That is, use Subversion to check out a
working copy of its latest source tree.".

I checkout version 2429 and 2440. I spend a lot of time with this broken
versions only to evaluate subversion. I think you can indicate the
relation between named release and version in the repository (it seem
that release 0.13.2 is the version 2376) or add
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/0.13.2/ .

I think it's great if the documentation explain how to remove a deadlock
and how to repair a db (db_recover "-e"). I know that is in the Berkeley
documentation but subversion use it as an embedded db. That is without
requering particular knowledge to the end user.

Thanks for this excellent "CVS".

Re: problem with "svn switch"

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E9liciano?= Matias <fe...@free.fr> writes:

> Le mer 10/07/2002 à 06:34, cmpilato@collab.net a écrit :
> > =?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E9liciano?= Matias <fe...@free.fr> writes:
> >
> > > First, excuse my very poor english.
> > >
> > > I try to play with subversion :
> > > subverion-0.13.2 (r 2376)
> > > db4-4.0.14
> > > neon-0.21.2
> > > libapr 2002.06.25
> > > apache 2.0.40-dev (?)
> > >
> > > "make check" in source tree of subversion is ok.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I ran the following script using Subversion revision 2448, and had no
> > errors at all:
> >
> > [...]
> >

> I do the same test with revision 2448 and also had no error (good news).

Good news, indeed.

> > Now, I *think* my script does the same thing yours did.  As you can
> > see, though, I did see any errors in the output.  Wonder what's
> > different about your setup...
> >
> > Now, I *did* see problems (slightly different ones, but...) when,
> > between runs of this script, I forgot to `rm -rf .svn' to
> > un-working-copy-ize my current working directory.  Perhaps you made
> > the same error?
>
> I check again revision 2376 with this "test" and subversion failed
> again.

"Doctor, it hurts when I [use an outdated version of Subversion]"
"Then stop [using an outdated version of Subversion]"

:-)  Ya know?

Re: problem with "svn switch"

Posted by Féliciano Matias <fe...@free.fr>.
Le mer 10/07/2002 à 06:34, cmpilato@collab.net a écrit :
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E9liciano?= Matias <fe...@free.fr> writes:
>
> > First, excuse my very poor english.
> >
> > I try to play with subversion :
> > subverion-0.13.2 (r 2376)
> > db4-4.0.14
> > neon-0.21.2
> > libapr 2002.06.25
> > apache 2.0.40-dev (?)
> >
> > "make check" in source tree of subversion is ok.
>
> [...]
>
> I ran the following script using Subversion revision 2448, and had no
> errors at all:
>
> [...]

I do the same test with revision 2448 and also had no error (good news).

> Now, I *think* my script does the same thing yours did.  As you can
> see, though, I did see any errors in the output.  Wonder what's
> different about your setup...
>
> Now, I *did* see problems (slightly different ones, but...) when,
> between runs of this script, I forgot to `rm -rf .svn' to
> un-working-copy-ize my current working directory.  Perhaps you made
> the same error?

I check again revision 2376 with this "test" and subversion failed
again.

Re: problem with "svn switch"

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E9liciano?= Matias <fe...@free.fr> writes:

> First, excuse my very poor english.
>
> I try to play with subversion :
> subverion-0.13.2 (r 2376)
> db4-4.0.14
> neon-0.21.2
> libapr 2002.06.25
> apache 2.0.40-dev (?)
>
> "make check" in source tree of subversion is ok.

[...]

I ran the following script using Subversion revision 2448, and had no
errors at all:

   #!/bin/sh
   REPOS=/home/cmpilato/tests/repos
   svn mkdir file://${REPOS}/trunk -m "add trunk"
   svn mkdir file://${REPOS}/branch -m "add branch"
   svn mkdir file://${REPOS}/branch/dev1 -m "add dev1"
   svn co file://${REPOS}/trunk -d .
   touch foo
   svn add foo
   svn commit -m "add foo"
   svn rm foo
   svn status foo
   svn switch . file://${REPOS}/branch/dev1
   svn commit -m "do not remove foo."
   svn switch . file://${REPOS}/trunk
   svn update
   svn ci -m ""