Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Rasmussen <Ja...@datatrak.net> on 2007/01/25 23:10:14 UTC

Trouble adding custom ELResolver into resolver chain

I am trying to use a custom ELResolver that will work with the existing
default resolvers.  Initially, I tried just adding it within the
face-config.xml as follows:

  <application>
    <el-resolver>demo.resolver.DCELResolver</el-resolver>
  </application>

It worked to add my resolver, but it got rid of all the other resolvers in
the chain.

Next, I tried to add it through the JspApplicationContext.  I did this by
adding the following code to a servlet context listener (the
contextInitialized method).

    try {
      // This is a hack due to a bug in Tomcat 6.0
      Class.forName("org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext");
    } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
      throw new RuntimeException("Failed to load Jsp Runtime Context");
    }

    ServletContext servletContext = servletContextEvent.getServletContext();
    JspFactory jspFactory = JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();
    JspApplicationContext jspApplicationContext =
jspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(servletContext);
    jspApplicationContext.addELResolver(new DCELResolver());

This code runs just fine, however my resolver is ignored.  I placed
System.out.println calls within all the methods to check if they were ever
called and they weren't.  Instead, property resolutions just failed without
ever consulting my resolver.  What might I be missing?

The only warning that occurs at startup is the following:

WARNING: JSF1033: Resource injection is DISABLED.

I am using Apache Tomcat version 6.0.7, jstl 1.2, web.xml is using
web-app-2_5.xsd.

Thanks in advance for any hints or suggestions.

Jason