Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sébastien Filion <sf...@finrad.com> on 2008/03/06 20:38:16 UTC

SvnAdmin load issue...

Hi everybody,

I try to load my source repository dump file into a fresh destination Repository that contains nothing.

I actually have 30000 revisions in the source Repository.

So I call the command:

svnadmin.exe load DumFile  > MyRepo...

After three try (5 hours each) , I always get the same error:

------- Committed revision 11494 >>>

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 11495

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/FactorAnalysis.Setup.msi ... done.

     * adding path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/MCRInstaller.exe ... done.

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program.FactorAnalysis/Launcher.cs ... done.

svnadmin: Can't open file 'F:\MyRepository\db\transactions\11494-1.txn\rev-lock': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

It is really problematic because I did not have the half of my original repository.

How can I make a workaround for this? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Sebas

Re: SvnAdmin load issue...

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Sébastien Filion <sf...@finrad.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I try to load my source repository dump file into a fresh destination
> Repository that contains nothing.
>

> I actually have 30000 revisions in the source Repository.
>

> So I call the command:
>
> svnadmin.exe load DumFile  > MyRepo…
>

> After three try (5 hours each) , I always get the same error:
>

> ------- Committed revision 11494 >>>
>

> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 11495
>
>      * editing path :
> Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/FactorAnalysis.Setup.msi ...
> done.
>
>      * adding path :
> Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/MCRInstaller.exe ... done.
>
>      * editing path :
> Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program.FactorAnalysis/Launcher.cs ... done.
>
> svnadmin: Can't open file
> 'F:\MyRepository\db\transactions\11494-1.txn\rev-lock': The process cannot
> access the file because it is being used by another process.
>

> It is really problematic because I did not have the half of my original
> repository.
>

> How can I make a workaround for this? Is there a solution?

You've now posted this message four times. That's not going to get the
question answered any faster.

Do you have an on-access virus scanner that may be interfering, and if
so, can you disable it while you're performing the load process (or
ignore the repository directory entirely)?

RE: SvnAdmin load issue...

Posted by Sébastien Filion <sf...@finrad.com>.
Hi everybody,

I try to load my source repository dump file into a fresh destination Repository that contains nothing.

I actually have 30000 revisions in the source Repository.

So I call the command:

svnadmin.exe load DumFile  > MyRepo...

After three try (5 hours each) , I always get the same error:

When I reach the 11494 revision, I got this:

------- Committed revision 11494 >>>

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 11495

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/FactorAnalysis.Setup.msi ... done.

     * adding path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/MCRInstaller.exe ... done.

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program.FactorAnalysis/Launcher.cs ... done.

svnadmin: Can't open file 'F:\MyRepository\db\transactions\11494-1.txn\rev-lock': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I also found that in this commit, I add a file of 125Megs... And it looks to be the problem. But I do not have any solution!