Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by niraj tulachan <nj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/18 01:56:06 UTC

Search Help!

Hi all,
    I configured all the required step to get the crawling going as described in the tutorial (to crawl http://lucene.apache.org/). when I ran the crawl, it ran successfully and I deployed the .war file provided with the nutch.  However, when I tried search, it doesn't give any results.  when I enter following cmd line:

  bin/nutch org.apache.ntuch.searcher.NutchBean apache  ..... it gives

  Total hits: 70
  and displays 10 results,  However, it show nothing when I search for "apache" in web interface.
  I do have C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\webapps\nutch-0.8.1\WEB-INF\classes\nutch-site.xml pointing to by "crawl" dir like:

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->
  <configuration>
  <property>
    <name>searcher.dir </name>
    <value>C:\nutch-0.8.1\crawl </value>
  </property>
</configuration>

  do I have to do any more setting to use the web interface.  Any help will be appericated!
  Cheers,
  Niraj

Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
  This is because somehow the windows style "\r\n" has got into the script.

You can clean the script by opening vi editor and issuing the
following commands.

:set ff=unix
:wq

If that doesn't work for you, then you can try this:-

cp bin/nutch nutch.bak
cat nutch.bak | tr -d "\r" > bin/nutch

This should remove "\r" wherever present and your script should run.

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/
Security enthusiasts meet @ OpenSEG - http://www.openseg.org/