Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2019/04/01 20:49:48 UTC

Re: Can Suffix be used in the Sling Filter Pattern?

On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 14:27 -0400, Cris Rockwell wrote:
> Ok. Thanks. It must be a version thing, because
> org.apache.sling.engine.EngineConstants.SLING_FILTER_SUFFIX_PATTERN
> is not found in my local maven repository or IDE.

Maybe it is not found due to the java compiler inlining constants?

> It’s odd because the bundle (org.apache.sling.engine) says is 2.6.16
> (using /system/console/bundles). When I expand the bundle details, I
> see lower versions.
>
> Bundle Location	launchpad:resources/install/0/org.apache.sling.
> engine-2.6.6.jar
> Exported Packages	org.apache.sling.engine,version=2.3.0

You are most likely using 2.6.16. The bundle location is (IIRC) set to
the first version of the bundle _or_ the first version of the bundle
present when a configuration is defined for a component belonging to
that bundle.

Robert

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Anything is possible, but in general when Adobe provides an Adobe-generated
release of a Sling bundle in AEM, it is denoted with a timestamp and (since
the move to git) a git hash. For example, in AEM 6.4, I see
version 1.4.7-T20180205124646-b0647a3 for org.apache.sling.models.impl.

It would be very weird for you to see a release (even) version of a Sling
bundle in AEM which didn't come from Sling.

Posted by Cris Rockwell <cm...@umich.edu>.