Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/17 00:59:53 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.4: Which HTTP/1.1 Connector? Coyote??

Hello,

The release notes for Tomcat 4.0.4 say that the new
Coyote HTTP/1.1 connector now ships with Tomcat.  They
mention that it is more optimizied and robust than the
[soon to be deprecated] HttpConnector for HTTP/1.1.
However, the Tomcat 4.0.4 docs haven't been updated to
include a section on Coyote, the Coyote connector is
commented out by default in the server.xml file that
ships with Tomcat, and nowhere in the distribution
does it say that the Coyote package should be used
instead of HttpConnector.

Besides being faster/robust, I'm wondering if Coyote
is *the* recommended HTTP/1.1 connector to use in
Tomcat 4.0.4 (i.e., in a production environment).  I'm
not looking for a "beta"-quality connector.  Could
someone please confirm?

Thanks,
Eddie

RE: Tomcat 4.0.4: Which HTTP/1.1 Connector? Coyote??

Posted by Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,

Is this a repeating thread?  I didn't see anything
about this when searching through the archives.

Thanks,
Eddie

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Great!