Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "Trenton D. Adams" <tr...@athabascau.ca> on 2009/07/28 20:38:24 UTC

queryForMap keyProperty null

Hi Guys,

I'm curious about something.  When I call queryForMap, and set the keyProperty to something, and it is lower case, when using oracle, the key is being set to null.

result = sqlMapper.queryForMap("select_asn", parameters, "pidm");
System.out.println("map: " + result);

output...
map: {null={PIDM=216330}}

But, if I use uppercase, as what happens with oracle results anyhow, it works just fine.
result = sqlMapper.queryForMap("select_asn", parameters, "PIDM");
System.out.println("map: " + result);

output...
map: {216330={PIDM=216330}}

So, I'm wondering, is it a universal SQL thing that column names end up as upper case?  If not, perhaps iBatis should be forcing them to uppercase, as well as the key property?

Thanks.
Trenton D. Adams
Systems Analyst/Web Software Engineer
Navy Penguins at your service!