Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ivan Kovalenko <ki...@rosenergo.com> on 2006/10/06 21:50:39 UTC

[CONFIGURATION] nested interpolation; interpolate methods

Hi, this is my first time appearance here.

There are two questions i'd like to ask
1. "interpolateMethods"
   i've come across a problem where i want to get a configuration
   being finally interpollated. I mean that, after being interpolated
   this configuration stops update other keys when source key changed.
   I think, its more comfortable method that have static interpolate
   against object which is single and is not bulk. Will be such
   feature included into the next release?
2. When working with interpolation subsets usage occassionaly breaks
up any interpolation, becouse interpolation is defined by absolute
path for a property, and subset is chrooting interpolation. Is it a bug
or a feature?.

Thanx in advance
--
Best regards,
 Ivan                          mailto:kig@rosenergo.com

Re: [CONFIGURATION] nested interpolation; interpolate methods

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Ivan Kovalenko wrote:
> Hi, this is my first time appearance here.
>
> There are two questions i'd like to ask
> 1. "interpolateMethods"
>    i've come across a problem where i want to get a configuration
>    being finally interpollated. I mean that, after being interpolated
>    this configuration stops update other keys when source key changed.
>    I think, its more comfortable method that have static interpolate
>    against object which is single and is not bulk. Will be such
>    feature included into the next release?
I am not sure if I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean a
method, which replaces all ${} variables in all properties by their
current values at once?

> 2. When working with interpolation subsets usage occassionaly breaks
> up any interpolation, becouse interpolation is defined by absolute
> path for a property, and subset is chrooting interpolation. Is it a bug
> or a feature?.
Well, it may be that interpolation in subsets is not always handled in a
consistent way. Do you have any concrete examples or test cases where
interpolation does not work as expected? I will then have a look.

Thanks
Oliver