Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robin Ziolkowski <c-...@wcom.com> on 2001/04/03 21:14:55 UTC

Using Jikes

Can anyone tell me if there is a JIKES_HOME environment variable, similar to the
JAVA_HOME environment variable, that needs to be set so that ant knows were
Jikes lives.  I have the property "build.compiler" set to "Jikes"

Every time I try to compile using Jikes I get a Nested Exception from ant.  I
think this is because it can't find Jikes.

Regards,
Robin
voice:719.535.6928
email: robin.ziolkowski@wcom.com
Access Server Development Team  < http://accessserverdev.wcomnet.com >
  _/MCIWorldcom Site Controller Development _/ < http://scdev.mcit.com>

Re: Using Jikes

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> > Can anyone tell me if there is a JIKES_HOME environment variable,
similar to the
> > JAVA_HOME environment variable, that needs to be set so that ant knows
were
> > Jikes lives.  I have the property "build.compiler" set to "Jikes"
> >
> > Every time I try to compile using Jikes I get a Nested Exception from
ant.  I
> > think this is because it can't find Jikes.
>
> Assuming you're running on unix, have you tried setting build.compiler to
> "jikes"? On unix, it's case sensitive.

No, it's not case sensitive. (The command itself is case sensitive, but Ant
always uses "jikes").

If it's an IOException telling that it can't execute jikes you should extend
your Path to include the directory where jikes lives. You can test this by
simply entering "jikes" on the command line. If it tells you "command not
found" Ant can't execute jikes either.

Nico

Re: Using Jikes

Posted by Kirk Wylie <ki...@radik.com>.
Robin Ziolkowski wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a JIKES_HOME environment variable, similar to the
> JAVA_HOME environment variable, that needs to be set so that ant knows were
> Jikes lives.  I have the property "build.compiler" set to "Jikes"
>
> Every time I try to compile using Jikes I get a Nested Exception from ant.  I
> think this is because it can't find Jikes.

Assuming you're running on unix, have you tried setting build.compiler to
"jikes"? On unix, it's case sensitive.

It would also help if you posted the exception which is thrown.

Kirk Wylie