Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/06/19 11:05:15 UTC

APR Native library on tomcat 6

Hi all,

I have installed apr native library, open ssl; using :./configure:

./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr
--with-java-home=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11  --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
--prefix=/usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18

I added to catalina_opts  java.library definition:

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib"

And I still get the error:

The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:

any idea about this issue?

thanks.

RE: APR Native library on tomcat 6

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.

$ls /usr/local/apr/lib >

apr.exp  libapr-1.a  libapr-1.la  libapr-1.so  libapr-1.so.0
libapr-1.so.0.3.5  pkgconfig

only pkgconfig is a directory

hop its more clear..

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.

apr.exp
  libapr-1.a
that's all:

libapr-1.la
  libapr-1.so
 libapr-1.so.0
libapr-1.so.0.3.5
 pkgconfig

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: APR Native library on tomcat 6

Posted by ccastle <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

I have the same problem, except that in the log it is not specified what
library is needed. This are the messages in the log:

30-jun-2011 15:13:03 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
30-jun-2011 15:13:04 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Parando servicio Catalina
30-jun-2011 15:13:04 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
30-jun-2011 15:13:04 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime
30-jun-2011 15:16:01 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/java/jdk1.6/jre/lib/i386/server:/usr/java/jdk1.6/jre/lib/i386:/usr/java/jdk1.6/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
30-jun-2011 15:16:01 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Inicializando Coyote HTTP/1.1 en puerto http-8080
30-jun-2011 15:16:01 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 281 ms
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Arrancando servicio Catalina
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.0
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: Desactivada la validación XML
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(/opt/tomcat6/webapps/Recaudacion/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Arrancando Coyote HTTP/1.1 en puerto http-8080
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/41  config=null
30-jun-2011 15:16:02 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 847 ms

The bolded part of the message is the error I have. Besides, I'm trying to
use tomcat 6 with a Project that was compiled on tomcat 5.5.7, I can't see
the jsp pages.

Could you help me with this plis?

Thankyou!

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: APR Native library on tomcat 6

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.
here tomcat log:

INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/lib/i386/server:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/lib/i386:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/local/apr/lib:
19 juin 2009 11:48:55 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.
yes but nothing changes.

Posted by Thomas Chabaud <ex...@agora.msa.fr>.

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.

thanks a lot Brian;

it works now, without  using --prefix.

Posted by Brian Millett <bm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.
nothing changes even using LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.