Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com> on 2002/06/03 08:32:35 UTC

Lucene 1.2 Final Release ready for testing before general announcement

Hi,

I have created the Lucene 1.2 Final Release and put up in the release folder
on the website.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2/

It passes all the unit tests and I think it looks good.

Please try this out and let me know if you have any problems.

If I get good response. I will update the API docs and put an announcement
on the Main and Lucene web site, jakarta web site, and lucene user mailing
list.

I was thinking the announcement would be something like

The Lucene Team is proud to announce the release of Lucene 1.2
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2/).
This is the first production release of Lucene since it moved to the Apache
project. This release contains many features and bug fixes over the previous
1.0.2 release - see CHANGES.txt
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/CHANGES.txt) for details.
Jakarta Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
written entirely in Java.

Feel free to make any suggestions.

--Peter

Re: COMMENT REQUESTED: Lucene 1.2 Final Release

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I downloaded the source .tar.gz version and built it myself using 'ant
jar'.  The resulting jar file was named lucene-1.3-dev1.jar and it
should be lucene-1.2.jar.
That should be fixed.  The problem is the property value in
default.properties file, I believe.
Other than that I haven't seen any problems, although I am currently
using Lucene only for indexing, not searching.

Otis

Re: luceneplan.html

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I believe, and others may correct me, that the only part of that
document that has been places in the CVS repository is the Crawler
part.  You can find that in Lucene Sandbox repository.
I'm afraid all other parts have not been discussed in a long time
(several months) and have not made it into the repository.

Otis

luceneplan.html

Posted by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net>.