Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ranjith Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/12 13:41:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Access to Webpage

Hi,

I have a mail server running postfix, and using squirrel mail for webaccess.
Its running based on apache.
I have two ip addresses on the system, one is public and another one is for
local.
All my users can access the website and check their mails from any where
(local and internet),
I do not want to allow all users from outside of my network. I want to allow
few users only from the internet.

How can I do this? Help me

Regards,
Ranjith Kumar

Re: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage

Posted by Norbul <nw...@post.pl>.
If yours users have static IP you can use option in directory tag "allow from" or use .htaccess to make authentication

Posted by Victor Trac <vi...@gmail.com>.
This is a mail server/webmail client problem and not an apache problem.

--
http://www.victortrac.com

Re: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:11:33PM +0530, Ranjith Kumar wrote:

> I do not want to allow all users from outside of my network. I want to allow
> few users only from the internet.
>
> How can I do this? Help me

The users have to authenticate themselves on your mailserver - where is
your problem?

Rainer