Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/11 23:47:55 UTC

Re: board: r88045 - /foundation/board/board_agenda_2019_01_16.txt

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 23:21, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe this mess was caused by Myrle editing the incubator report in whimsy. The intended change was:
>
>   [X](weex) Willem Ning Jiang
>      Comments:
> +  [X](weex) Myrle Krantz
>
> -   [ ](weex) Myrle Krantz
>      Comments:
>

> Can someone please take a look?

I know very little about that code and have not actually used the tool
to change a report.
I don't know if it's possible to test locally without committing.

But I think we need to know what actions were taken apart from editing
the report.
E.g. was it reflowed?

S.

Re: board: r88045 - /foundation/board/board_agenda_2019_01_16.txt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 03:37, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of thoughts occur to me.
>
> Most of the agenda actions have been perfectly fine until now.

AFAICT the problems started in Jan 2018.

> Maybe it's possible to change the (edit report) function so the user can see a diff of the agenda prior to committing it and asking for the user to (commit) or (cancel). That change would solve two issues:
> Eliminate disasters like this one where the entire incubator report was duplicated

FTR: it was just the section with the podling reports, headed by a
Table of Contents (ToC)

> Allow the user to verify that (reflow) actually worked (this is the most popular (edit report) function for me
>
> Pending this (or similar) change, I'd be happy disallowing editing the incubator report, since that is the report that has had (any) problems.

I don't know if that is the only report that has had problems.

I discovered the issue when looking at the Incubator signoff report
[1] and noticed a lot of duplication in the report dates.
This turned out to be due to due to duplication of the entire ToC section.

It's possible that other sections of the agendas/minutes have been duplicated

Sebb.
[1] https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/signoff.cgi

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>