Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ri...@cardsetc.com on 2002/01/30 03:48:00 UTC

SOAP DEVELOPERS: Fix the applet problem? (was SOAP in Applets: the JAXP problem :P)

Mark: Excellent. Thanks very much for all your help - I actually remember
now that this fix was talked about a good twelve months ago.

SOAP DEVELOPERS: With regard to the problem listed below, which stops
Apache SOAP being used in applets without security problems, and yet is
blindingly easy to fix, could you advise on either a) if it is being fixed
or b) what the rationale is behind it?

Many thanks,

Richard.

                    Mark
                    Childerson           To:     soap-user@xml.apache.org
                    <mark@childer        cc:
                    soft.com>            Subject:     Re: SOAP in Applets: the JAXP problem
                                         :P
                    30/01/2002
                    13:15
                    Please
                    respond to
                    soap-user

Hi Richard,

I am out of the office now, so I can't send you the code. However, here is
what you do:

Unpack all the Apache SOAP source code onto your computer. You can use the
stack dump from your plugin console to find the org.apache.xxxx class which

is blowing up or use the search in your IDE to look for the
System.getSystemProperties().getProperty("jaxb.debug")  (I am not 100% sure

of the syntax here) call in the code. Then, you can change a line which
looks like this:

debug=System.getSystemProperties().getProperty("jaxb.debug");

debug=false;

Then, compile up the APACHE soap code, and jar it, and refer to the new jar

instead of soap.jar in your html file. All should then work.

Of course, this is a hack which you will need to repeat when you update
your soap code, but you should not need to do it that often.

Perhaps one of the real SOAP developers could put a try{}catch block around

that line, and set debug to false when there is a security exception.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know tomorrow and I will send the

actual offending .java file.

Tks,

M.

At 10:17 AM 30/01/02 +1100, you wrote:

>Mark,
>
> >Let me know if you need
> >more details.
>
>Thank you sooo much! Yes, this is EXACTLY what I need! The error I have is
>pertaining to...
>
>java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
>java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
>(java.util.PropertyPermission jaxp.debug read)
>
>...and I imagine it is possible (if only 'unofficially') to modify the
>source to avoid this. Could you elaborate on how you 'always set it to
>false without checking'?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Richard.
>
>P.S. Casey: I am using JRE 1.3.1_02
<snip>

client call problem

Posted by Jasper Harding <ja...@yahoo.com>.

I am getting the following error when using the
client(Address Book).
The soap server is installed on iplanet.

Please help!

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String =
org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.readEnvelopeFromRequest(Ljavax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/io/InputStream;Lorg/apache/soap/transport/EnvelopeEditor;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;Lorg/apache/soap/rpc/SOAPConte

http://auctions.yahoo.com

APPLET client for WebService problem

Posted by ashish ranjan <ar...@cs.fiu.edu>.
Has anybody developed an Applet client for a webservice using apache-soap
and xerces?? Does it work on Internet Explorer 6.0 without changing the
code for the library? (i changed the part as suggested in the mail below).
If code was modified, please let me know what changes has to be made.

Thank You,
Ashish

Posted by ashish ranjan <ar...@cs.fiu.edu>.

client call problem