Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ramrrajesh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 06:17:16 UTC

Nested Facets and distributed shard system.

we are facing an issue with nested facets use case.  The data is indexed
across multiple shards and being searched by several tomcat instances.

Use case :
- User wants to navigate the results, category by category.
- Eg : <Country>
             <United status>20</UnitedStates>
             <State>
                        NJ(20)</State>
                  <city>
                    <City A>10</City A>
                     <City B>10</City B>
                   </city>
               <State>
                <State>
                      <NewYork>20</NewYork>
                 </State>
Problem :
      We were trying to implement this nested navigation, later we
identified that pivot.facets is not compatible with distributed shard
system.

Is there an alternative to achieve this use case without using pivot.facets
?

Re: Nested Facets and distributed shard system.

Posted by Jason Hellman <jh...@innoventsolutions.com>.
You have mentioned Pivot Facets, but have you looked at the Path Hierarchy Tokenizer Factory:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.PathHierarchyTokenizerFactory

This matches your use case, as best as I understand it.

Jason

Posted by vibhoreng04 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick  and Markus,

Any Idea on this ? can we resolve this by group by queries?