Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2018/10/16 17:17:39 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #6923 Handle github emoji

Since the initial purpose of this ticket is handling imported markdown text, then my last sentence about maybe skipping shortcodes altogether would not be a good approach.  (Still would be nice to have autocomplete suggestions though)

---

** [tickets:#6923] Handle github emoji**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** github import
**Created:** Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:00 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Oct 16, 2018 05:13 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Emoji (e.g. :+1: thumbs up) are heavily used on some GH projects and would be good to carry over during import. However, the images are not licensed for us to redistribute https://github.com/github/gemoji/blob/master/LICENSE  Maybe we could use https://github.com/Genshin/PhantomOpenEmoji if the mapping is straightforward.  We also need to decide if we want an emoji-like feature throughout our markdown or handle this just at import.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/