Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Nelson <an...@ansoftcomputing.com> on 2003/05/06 03:28:54 UTC

Cocoon 2.1 M1 and j2se1.4.2

Has anyone gotten a copy of cocoon 2.1M1 to run on a redhat system with
Tomcat 2.1.24 and j2se1.4.2? It crashes java with an error in an
exception in native code outside the VM. Should I try the latest version
from CVS instead?

--
Alex Nelson
ANSoft Computing

Re: Cocoon 2.1 M1 and j2se1.4.2

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
On Mon, 05 May 2003 21:28:54 -0400, Alex Nelson wrote:

> Has anyone gotten a copy of cocoon 2.1M1 to run on a redhat system with
> Tomcat 2.1.24 and j2se1.4.2? It crashes java with an error in an exception
> in native code outside the VM. Should I try the latest version from CVS
> instead?

I've had lots of problems with j2se 1.4.2 and xslt with things other than
cocoon. I gave it the flick and went back to 1.4.1_02 until the next beta.

-k.

--
If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

Website: http://www.rocketred.com.au/blogs/kevin/

Re: Cocoon 2.1 M1 and j2se1.4.2

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.
Try passing the options -Xcheck:nabounds and/or -Xcheck:jni to the jvm
(via CATALINA_OPTS).  Not sure this will help but it has worked for me
in the past in different circumstances.