Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by "hsy541@gmail.com" <hs...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 22:57:07 UTC

Component instance level configuration

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is a way to support component instance level
 configuration. For example, in kafka-on-yarn, kafka broker is a component,
but  each broker instance needs a unique id. It would be better to expose
the instance id, so that different instance would override some of the
configurations accordingly

Best,
Siyuan

Re: Component instance level configuration

Posted by "hsy541@gmail.com" <hs...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

I think exposing perhaps "instance id" in agent api should be good enough.
I don't think people need full override policy for configuration of every
instance.

Moreover, do you preserve locations for each instance? For a service like
kafka, it writes data to local disk. You can not really switch broker id in
between instances after relaunch.

Thanks!

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by 杨浩 <ya...@gmail.com>.