Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Jeff Hu (jefhu)" <je...@cisco.com> on 2007/02/21 20:33:35 UTC

How to configure MUSE logging to spill out server side error stacktrace

Can anyone enlighten me how to configure MUSE log to spill out server
side error stack trace.

I notice the muse.xml has
<router>

<java-router-class>org.apache.muse.core.routing.SimpleResourceRouter</ja
va-router-class>
        <logging>
            <log-file>log/muse.log</log-file>
            <log-level>FINE</log-level>
             <!-- I set to 'ALL' according to

http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.0.0/specs/muse-descriptor.xsd -->
        </logging>

For example, I run a client program and have client side stacktrace as
following. However, the muse.log in server side and web-app server
console contain not error information. It is very hard to debug.  Many
thanks!

org.apache.muse.ws.addressing.soap.SoapFault:
http://localhost:8080/1WSDMGateway/services/QueryServicePort
	at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClien
t.java:279)
	at
com.cisco.nm.cmp.nbi.wsdm.client.core.NotificationProducerClient.invoke(
NotificationProducerClient.java:119)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClien
t.java:235)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClien
t.java:213)
	at
com.cisco.nm.cmp.nbi.wsdm.client.proxy.queryservice.QueryServicePortProx
y.get(QueryServicePortProxy.java:35)
	at
com.cisco.nm.cmp.nbi.wsdm.client.test.wsresource.QueryServicesGetAxis2WS
STest.run(QueryServicesGetAxis2WSSTest.java:63)
	at
com.cisco.nm.cmp.nbi.wsdm.client.test.wsresource.QueryServicesGetAxis2WS
STest.main(QueryServicesGetAxis2WSSTest.java:39)

RE: How to configure MUSE logging to spill out server side error stacktrace

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Muse puts all error messages and stack traces that it can control in
muse.log. If an error is flagged by Axis2 before it gets to Muse, you'll
either have to turn up the Axis2 logging config or use a SOAP monitor to
see the actual error; at the moment, runtime exceptions during
initialization get dumped to the console rather than muse.log, and we
haven't gone back to determine why this is happening. But either way, the
info should be available on the server-side.

If you want to add your own log messages in addition to the one Muse puts
in muse.log for thrown exceptions, you have to use the capability's
java.util.logging.Logger, like so:

getLog().info("some message");

getLog().warning("some warning");

etc.

This is all part of the standard J2SE logging package.

Dan

"Baseer Khan \(bakhan\)" <ba...@cisco.com> wrote on 02/21/2007 02:44:12
PM: