Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jarmo Doc <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/24 18:16:48 UTC

Sample calculator cannot deserialize int

Given the other problems I've been having with Axis 1.2.1 final on Tomcat
5.5.9, I decided to go back to basics and test the sample calculator
program.  It fails to run, as follows:

SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'op1':  could not find deserializer
for type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}int

I note in the calculator client source that it expects 'op1' to be of type
XMLType.XSD_INT and the WSDL auto-generated by Axis returned the following:

<wsdl:message name="addRequest">
  <wsdl:part name="i1" type="xsd:int" />
  <wsdl:part name="i2" type="xsd:int" />
</wsdl:message>

I followed the instructions at
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html for this.  Why does it fail?

PS I am using JDK 1.4.2_05.

RE: Sample calculator cannot deserialize int

Posted by Jarmo Doc <ja...@hotmail.com>.
I notice the following logged by Tomcat:

- ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException:
javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: Null qualified name specified.
javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: Null qualified name specified.
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl.internalRegister(TypeMappingImpl.java:238)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl.register(TypeMappingImpl.java:220)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate.register(TypeMappingDelegate.java:73)

I have no idea if it's related to my calculator test or what it indicates
(perhaps invalid WSDD file, but what exactly?)

Posted by Jarmo Doc <ja...@hotmail.com>.
I've moved my web services from Tomcat/Windows to Tomcat/Linux and the
samples now work fine.  I have no idea yet why they didn't work on Windows
though no doubt someone will helpfully respond with a diatribe about Windows
;-)