Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/12/01 22:55:19 UTC

OpenEJB 3.1.1 release?

Are there plans for an OpenEJB 3.1.1 release relatively soon?  We're
dependent on OpenEJB 3.1.1 for an upcoming Geronimo 2.2 release which we
hope to have released by mid January.

I also think there are still some tck issues posted on the Geronimo tck
list that need some investigating and might result in OpenEJB changes
for 3.1.1.  I'm hoping we can get some updated information on the tck
list regarding these ... but it sounds like issues still persist.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.1 release?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote:

> If Jacek is interested in helping, can he sign the NDA and get access to the
> list?

I've already subscribed, but hardly ever said anything (it's not my
point to say anything just for the sake of saying ;-))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.1 release?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> That would help me also.  Also, are there any specific JIRAs you need
>>> included?
>>
>> No specific JIRAs that I'm aware of beyond whatever is necessary to
>> fix up tck.
>
> Ah so the TCK is not fully passing with OpenEJB 3.1?  Do you have a
> target date for the TCK?  A target date will help us plan a timely 3.1.1
> release for Geronimo.

Well, ideally it would be great if we could have the errors resolved by
the end of next week (that is our current target to branch Geronimo
trunk).

Joe

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.1 release?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the response Jacek.  You are correct, we haven't been
>>> straight-forward in this request.  I think it's been mentioned in
>>> the past (probably on irc) and it has certainly been mentioned on
>>> the Geronimo list but not directly here.
>> That would help me also.  Also, are there any specific JIRAs you
>> need included?
>
> No specific JIRAs that I'm aware of beyond whatever is necessary to
> fix up tck.

Ah so the TCK is not fully passing with OpenEJB 3.1?  Do you have a
target date for the TCK?  A target date will help us plan a timely
3.1.1 release for Geronimo.

-dain

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.1 release?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.