Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Atul Dambalkar <at...@xoriant.com> on 2018/03/16 21:27:48 UTC

Pull Request #1759 fails due to IPC socket related errors

Hi Uwe,

The PR 1759 related to ARROW-1780 is failing due to some errors like this - Connection to IPC socket failed for pathname /tmp/test_plasma-cDDWIQ/plasma.sock, retrying 50 more times

Travis build - https://travis-ci.org/apache/arrow/builds/354483298?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

Can someone please take a look and help me? Is there anything I need to do for this?

The JDBC adapter code which is all Java, gets compiled and all the Junit test cases execute correctly. I had to set Timezone while executing the test cases where SQL data types such as Date, Time were involved.

Regards,
-Atul

RE: Pull Request #1759 fails due to IPC socket related errors

Posted by Atul Dambalkar <at...@xoriant.com>.
Sounds good Wes.

I have now added YAML and .properties files in the rat_exclude_files.txt file. It's also handled in the Java maven build.

-Atul

That _should_ be a transient error -- if not we can take a look. If you are rebased on the master branch, then the C++ and Python tests should not be run at all. At the tip of your branch, you have some RAT failures due to licensing issues (probably you will want to add exclusions for the YAML files in rat_exclude_files.txt)

- Wes

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Atul,