Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/12/10 16:19:44 UTC

Address already in use in Jenkins

I'm not really sure why we are getting this exception here in jenkins:

https://builds.apache.org/job/bookkeeper-trunk/org.apache.bookkeeper$bookkeeper-server/849/testReport/junit/org.apache.bookkeeper.client/BookieRecoveryTest/ensurePasswordUsedForOldLedgers_2_/

In ZooKeeperUtil.java:86 we actually use a port that we get with PortManager.nextFreePort(). Does anyone have an explanation for the address already in use? What am I missing?

-Flavio

Re: Address already in use in Jenkins

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
https://builds.apache.org/job/bookkeeper-trunk/849/
&
https://builds.apache.org/job/bookkeeper-trunk/848/

Were running at the same time, and racing for ports. There's still a
gap between checking the ports and actually using them that another
test can take them. There should be some way to tell jenkins to avoid this.

-Ivan