Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by James Ram <hb...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 10:36:32 UTC

HBase Prompt missing

Hi,

I have few basic question related to HBase shell. Please help me out in
these issues.

1. When I start the HBase Shell I am not getting the HBase prompt.
2. When I enter the command wrongly shell is closing abnormally.
3. When I use backspace key also the shell closes abnormally.
4. Is there any technique to find the performance of a HBase script?

--
With Regards,
Jr.

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Hey James:

Our 'stable' offering as of last week is 0.90.1.

Does the shell work better in 0.20.6?  If so, it maybe the fact that
we had to revert the jruby version from 1.5.x to 1.0.3.  The latter
may not be doing so well on windows.  Try copying the jruby*jar from
0.20.6 under the lib dir for 0.90.1.  See if that improves things.

St.Ack

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Also there will not be a 0.20.7, so you'll never get bug fixes.

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by James Ram <hb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

--
With Regards,
Jr.

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.
Why are you using 0.20.6?

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Have you had a look in our mail archive for issues related to running
hbase on windows?  There seem to be some peculiarities that need
managing.  For example, users report set up of zk takes an extra step:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/Ty7sb1FRxYH1/hbase+on+windows&subj=Re+hbase+setup+windows+7

Your shell may be hanging trying to talk to zk?

St.Ack

Re: HBase Prompt missing

Posted by James Ram <hb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,